Your chance to have your photograph displayed at Leeds City Museum AND win some great prizes.
Earlier this year Sara Porter photographed our taxidermy, insect, egg and skull collections for the ‘Natural Beauty, Part 1’ display at Leeds City Museum. We now want to put your wildlife photographs on display at the museum.
Any age, any camera, any ability… everyone’s welcome.
The competition is divided into 7 categories;
- Beautiful Yorkshire – images that show off the county
- Leeds Wildlife – images of urban wildlife in the city
- Wild Yorkshire – images of Yorkshire wildlife in a Yorkshire setting
- Animal behaviour – shots of British wild animals in action – unusual or interesting behaviour especially welcome!
- British wildlife – images of British wildlife in a British setting
- World wildlife – images of exotic wildlife from around the world
- Beautiful Botany – images that particularly concentrate on British plants or fungi
Each category is open to your interpretation and we ask that you submit an explanation of your images and your reason for submitting your image in this category. There are two age categories; 15 years 11 months and under
and 16 plus.
…And win some great prizes.
Photographs from the winners and runners up will go on display from January 2014 to July 2014. The overall winners in both age groups will receive a Canon digital SLR Camera. Winners of the 15 and under categories win a high quality canvas or print of an image of their choice. Winners of the 16 and over categories will win £200 of photographic vouchers.
The closing date is 27th September, so get snapping!
Natural Beauty is kindly sponsored by CC Imaging, Ark Display Graphics, Dale Photographic and Pictures Plus.