You’ve got until 24th August to win £75 and have your photo included in the 2013 Leeds in Bloom Calendar.
This competition is to celebrate our city’s fantastic parks and gardens, and you just need to take a photograph capturing what “in bloom” means to you, taken in a Leeds City Council owned park, nature reserve, green space or waterway.
The photograph’s subject is completely up to you. Bearing in mind they require 12 seasonal scenes it could be anything from a sports activity to wildlife, woodlands, a picnic or cultivated flowers.
Whenever you’re out and about look around, take out your camera or phone to capture the prize winning shots.
If you’re not sure where the parks are, all 62 in Leeds are listed here: http://www.leeds.gov.uk/leisure/Pages/Your-local-park.aspx
All you have to do is email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and include
your name, address and telephone number. Photos must be a minimum of 1MB, 300
DPI, but no more than 2MB and either a .gif or .jpg format. Or send us your photograph or a disk to Richard Gill, Farnley Hall, Hall Lane, Leeds. LS12 5HA.
• A name and contact address must be provided
• All images must be taken within the last 12 months
• Individual entries only (no group entries allowed)
• Images must of a green space within the Leeds area
• Images must not be digitally manipulated
• The closing date for entry is Friday 24th August 2012
• The 12 winners will each receive £75 .
• The 12 best entries will be used to create a calendar
• 5 free calendars will be awarded to each winner
For more information visit www.leeds.gov.uk/inbloom, or email
email@example.com or call 0113 2375301
Did you recognise the photo above? It’s Middleton Park – thanks to South Leeds Life for the image.